Parent Reading Scheme
Our booklet is designed to give you the opportunity to help you son to improve his reading skills at home. Every subject requires basic literacy skills and the school dedicates one form-time a week to private reading. The reading scheme will enable pupils to extend their reading outside of school.
This year, we would be very grateful if someone at home could find the time to join in the process and help out. We would like you to spend a few minutes each week listening to your son reading and then fill in a brief Home Reading Record Sheet. (This Record Sheet is explained in more detail elsewhere in the booklet.)
Whether your son is a brilliant reader or someone who really finds it tough going, your being involved can produce lots of benefits…
For your son:
* Genuine help, encouragement and enjoyment
* The chance to discuss books and ideas
* The opportunity to improve reading skills
For the adult:
* Greater involvement in your son’s education
* Training and advice on helping your son to read
* The enjoyment of reading together
Click here for our recommended reads.