|Attendance Strategy 2018-2019|
|Our Attendance Year 2018-2019|
West Derby School - Attend today, Achieve tomorrow.
Attendance is linked to attainment and we care passionately that a commitment to attend will lead to higher levels of attainment.
As your child's attendance is so important to him succeeding at West Derby School we have a dedicated pastoral team who track, monitor and intervene to ensure all pupils’ attendance meets our expectations. To ensure we do this we have;
- Pupil Progress Leaders and Assistant Pupil Progress Leaders for each year group who track, monitor and intervene as required. They also support and offer strategies to improve attendance.
- Systems in place to monitor pupils’ punctuality and attendance and contact parents and carers when required.
- A dedicated member of staff (Attendance and Welfare Officer) who monitors punctuality and attendance and follow-ups with individual families.
- An Education Welfare Officer (EWO), from the local authority, who engages with families when attendance becomes a concern.
- A sophisticated online systems used to support, share and track pupils’ attendance.
- A weekly update for pupils indicating their attendance. Where appropriate, targets are set and shared with parents and carers so that all staff; pastoral, academic and support staff, are aware of an individual’s attendance as well as other learning targets.
- Attendance expectations are clear to parents and carers, including procedures for authorised absences and holidays and any action that West Derby may take, including legal action, where attendance is an on-going concern.
West Derby is committed to improving attendance and we firmly believe by engaging the pupils in the process we can positively affect the individual attendance of pupils.